That being said - my husband and I decided to leave town with our niece about 10 hours after the earthquake [and after we had made sure everyone around us was OK]. We had planned a hiking trip to Yosemite Park and wondered if we should postpone the trip after what had happened. But leaving this town that all of a sudden had become a news headline was the best we could have done. We just needed to feel safe again. We enjoyed long hikes and quiet nights and my niece loved the excursion into the rural areas of Yosemite, keeping herself warm with one of my Ehecatl hats!
With all the distraction that this earthquake has caused and my lack of studio time [in the interim I have a tiny and somewhat functioning workspace setup in our garage] all of a sudden there seems to be time for things that have long been procrastinated... one of them is to arrange for a photo shoot for some of my new products [see my dear friend Israel Valencia of Infinity Visuals photographing one of my dresses].